Monday, September 17, 2007

The ´real´ South America

You haven´t been to the real South America until you´ve seen local women with their brightly coloured outfits and bowler hats washing their clothes in a river. Or heard the Mission Impossible theme song done on pan pipes.

Today I also had my pockets felt up by an 18-month-year-old. I think she only wanted a coin to put in the jukebox and I was considering giving it to her older sister who had so charmingly counted to ten in English for me, but then they completely bypassed Julio Iglesias on the playlist so I decided against it.

We went out for a truly Bolivian meal of Indian curry. We are real travellers. Ran into the Irish from Machu Picchu. Glorious reunion once they´d gotten over being fibbed to by Ben about where he got his scar from. (Not from a stab wound in a gay bar from a jealous husband as they´d been informed.)

No comments: