Thursday, September 13, 2007

Am allergic to South America

Following the wild success of the bladder infection and sad bottom, I now have an eye infection. My right eye now looks perpetually shifty. However, following another two trips to different pharmacists, am now sure all the drugs I have will make it all better.

We caught a tour bus down to Puno, on Lake Titicaca. Tour was okay, except for the very early start and the discovery that we should have had three tickets and not just one with three seat numbers on it. Some cross talk and one very loud swear word by Benjamin and we were allowed on the bus. Just as well. We then had to wait HOURS for the free buffet lunch and were reduced to eating all the bad gummi sweets we´d bought the day before. Have decided that I am not overly fond of tour guides because their voices inevitably make me sleepy.

But, the floating island made entirely of reeds on Lake Titicaca was very uber nifty. I want one. Have added it to the long list of things I want for Christmas. Amazing what you can do with reeds, when given a chance. Can even eat them! Tasted rather like boring old cucumber, but full of calcium, you know.

Leaving for the Bolivian side of the lake tomorrow, in order to visit the island of the sun. Look it up on wikipedia. Saves me having to say anything about it.

Think I might go and take some drugs to make my eye look less shifty. Am curious to see what body part goes wrong next. Will take bets.

No comments: