Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ecuador by that group that was really popular back in the 90s

Hot and sticky. Bananas everywhere. Pedal pushers are back in! All right. So are wedge cork heels. Pity about my cargo pants not making a comeback but I was going to stick out anyway.

Have discovered that I have somehow put on four kilos. FOUR! Which is exactly the same amount that Ben has lost. Am really very uphappy with Ben because obviously this whole situation is his fault. I think he realises this so is leaving us tomorrow for a week to go and think about what he has done. Actually, don´t think I´m going to see him again before I leave. Think this is hurting him more than it´s hurting me.

Kruse and I will be heading up to Colombia. Not sure of which way. Will decide when we get to the bus station tomorrow. Because that´s the kind of travelers we are. Spur of the moment, you know.

Most amusing thing about Ecuador so far is that there seems to be some sort of election on, at least in the city we´re in, and they won´t sell alcohol. Kruse is not amused.

Whilst still in Lima, made a mad dash (only had 90 minutes) into the city centre to see the Inquisition museum and the catacombs. Both very good, and Monty Python jokes were kept to a minimum. I particularly enjoyed the mock people being tortured. I think I´ve just worked out where mannequins go to die.

Completely forgot. Bus up to the border of Peru and Ecuador - they fed us extremely well and got us to play Bingo. Great bus, just a pity my Spanish numbers need working on.

Might go and have a cold shower. And no, not because there´s three of us in a room so cannot leap upon Kruse, but because there´s no hot water. In this weather, that´s a good thing.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Sash.

They're on the Xanadu album.