Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sleepyhead babbling

SHAZAM and the laptop is back in business. I still have no screen, but who needs that? I have a large monitor, perfect for watching Battlestar on. I think the laptop heard me pondering its flying abilities and pulled electronic finger.

New job goes well, I think. This month, Matthew, I be a sub editor for the paper. It will take me through to Christmas at which point I am quite happy to be unemployed. I had a great headline last night. So good I'm not going to say what it was, because it was a mildly bad pun-like one. But I was congratulated, and as I'm never told if I'm doing well, just when I've fracked up, I'm going to take that and run.

We had a champagne brunch on Sunday, with more gluten than you could wade through. Melissa was away so the gluten gluttony was ON. I really do love pastry.

My job has ridiculous hours 3.30-11.30pm so my sleeping patterns are a trifle screwed so I think I might go and have a nap now. And then I have to make scones and take them to Morgan. Just cos.

Oh, and J is back. He brought me Swiss chocolates. They were ever so yum. So, so yum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't suppose your headline's pun involved swine, did it?

Penelope said...

I would have totally given you credit for that trough one. This was another one, which I can't actually remember anymore. Yesterday's news, you know. Of course, I can't tell my chief sub that I delegated thinking up piggy words to someone in London whilst I edited the actual article. I think it might be frowned upon slightly. Then again, perhaps not. It's making good use of my time, surely?