Sunday, April 13, 2008

HK

One of the advantages of being an adult is that you get to test those potential lies your parents told you as a child. Like if you don't rest for 30 minutes after eating before leaping into a pool you will get cramp and this will more than likely kill you. And if you eat too many cashews you will feel sick.

I feel sick.

But, if you're going to be ill, why not in Hong Kong? Free internet at the airport - although no access to Facebook as it seems to be classified as a dating site. Fair enough.

My 32 hours in Hong Kong have gone nicely - did some shopping, ate some cashews, got my fill of dumplings for breakfast, which was really the only reason I stopped over, and I paid too much for a hostel room but I was desperate to use a toilet so my negotiating skills kind of disappeared.
However, didn't have to share a room and it came with a TV that didn't work and a toilet/shower combo that entertained me no end, given that was smaller than your average cupboard but yet you could do so much in there at once. Like shower AND brush your teeth. Utter brilliance.

I do seem to have a caught something though, along the lines of a scratchy throat, which is probably the beginning of some romantic tropical wasting disease.

And now - to duty free.

No comments: