Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Boldly going somewhere slowly

Yes, it's that time of year again. Time for me to cook something slightly stupid because I'm a stubborn pony. Tonight we shall eventually be tucking into the no meat, no pasta lasagne! I know - fucking delicious is what you're thinking and I'm sure you'll be right. I'll let you know in about another 17 hours because it's taking ages to cook and I started late as well because I was held up at work - actually working.  God, it was terrible.

The mothership came and went. She made me cups of tea and convinced me to purchase a $22 teacup and saucer. It's awfully pretty. Not even slightly sensible. So a great deal like me. But then we tired of her and sent her home. Just in time to encounter that volcano nonsense - only screwed with her flight a little bit.

I managed to complete dry July - feel free to buy me drinks by way of congratulations. Did I lose weight? No. Did chocolate consumption go up? Yes. What about cheese? Through the roof. Did I have the most beastly period of the year? Yes. What does this prove? Booze helps with the bleeding.

Morgan also came through Sydney for at least five hours. Jetsetters - hmmph. She was in time to help me have my first drink in a month. After two I had to go home and have a two-hour nap. Will have to work on tolerance. Have rolled up my sleeves already. Join me! It's the good fight.

No comments: